Friday, April 25, 2008

I love you, goodbye

These fancy clothes are not mine!
Take away these faded faces
Roboticly repeating "Fine"
This is not who I am

Perfect flowers in empty pots of clay
Broken people jumping out of clean windows
I am the ashes that you throw away
Bullet holes in both eyes

Tired cars leave tire marks all over me
My fists are bleeding with nothing to show
Break open my lungs, will I be free?
Smile, no one will notice

Gunning down my dreams with an open grin
Go down swinging my arms vaguely
Learning that I don't know how to win
Wish you'd given me swimming lessons

There's no black and white
But the grey in between is killing me
Give up, the fog is tired of this fight
Catch, hold, release, suffocate, die

If wishes were wings I'd fly to you
Past all the beggers with horses who think this is fine
I wake up with dust as the only thing that's true
In my eyes, in my mouth, blowing away in the wind

And I whisper, wildly, fiercely, vainly
" I love you, Goodbye"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home