Sunday, April 06, 2008

Confession of the Hobo in the Night

What is magic?

What is laughter?

What is despair?

What is love?

What happens when a star falls?

What happens when a man wakes up and realizes that he will always be what he is and that what is is not what he wants to be, that where he is is perpetually a step away from what he should be....or maybe a step and a half? Maybe he falls apart in despair. Or.... MAYBE! Maybe he says that God will make up the difference, that God fills that step and a half. And then goes out and makes sure that he is only a step and a half away.

I am not great. I am not even good. I always wanted to be magnificent. But I'm not. And I kind of feel that I will never really be magnificent....but God can use the losers, the almosts, the foolish, the half-assed,the creepers, the failures, the addicts, the doubters, the cowards, the thieves, the liars and the hypocrites....no matter how many steps from ideal, no matter how many steps from magnificent they have gone. That list embodies me. But....BUT I keep walking, and believe, that more than maybe, Christ can and will make up the difference between me and magnificent.

Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Petr said...

"Whats the purpose? It feels worthless
So unwanted like I've lost all my value
I can't find it, not in the least bit
and I'm just scared, so scared that I'll fail you

And sometimes I think that I'm not any good at all
And sometimes I wonder why, why I'm even here at all
But then you assure me

I'm a little more than useless
And when I think that I can't do this
You promise me that I'll get through this
And do something right
Do something right for once"

Relient K says what I can't. Thus is life, Evan.

-Petr

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home