Monday, March 17, 2008

Overthinking
My nose is something
To follow
The last thing safe
That I know
Pushing at the walls
Pretend they are not
Closing in

The weeks seem slow
Those days are gone
Clock keeps ticking
Time falls from the sky
Silly snowflakes
My life, alone
All these fingers, touch
Release

Blow a kiss
Let it go
Will this moment be
Written next or does
The pen cease scratching?
The scribe turns away
I smile
The rabid dark wins
But I still have my joke

Whistle and claim reality
Trite men, trite phrases
Vague songs, too late
Fall apart
I want to hear them all
From your lips
Do not get tired
The end will be ok

1 Comments:

Blogger C. Bright said...

ev, your life is pretty much one of the more beautiful things in my life. don't be annoyed with a silly little cabbage for saying so at this point, it's just the truth. i came to here for something totally else, and there was a little piece of your life, looking up at me. and it is good.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home