Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A treatise on Life as seen through the Blog

Blogs are funny things. I think its hard to know what is more profound, the things people say or the things they leave unsaid. So many people always just tell happy little stories about their lives, little frivolous words, masking, even if unintentionally, all the struggles and questions below the surface. And don't say, or let anyone try to say, that you or they don't have those things, that nothing is happening but what you see. Everyone is an iceberg with only their heads above the water, only these little words, its like taking a picture of yourself every day, once a day, and saying that you're documenting your life. That's kind of hogwash. Some of my friends get onto me for being emo, or writing depressing things. I think I am just as happy just as often as anybody else, its just that I feel that my struggles, and hopefully the triumphs that come out of those struggles, are what is important in my life, important enough to document. Dr. Suess stories are happy stories, at least supposedly, I mean personally I find a lot of depressing material in , BUT they don't capture real life at all. Real life is, I think, a thousand pieces of random, silent, dull struggle, accented by brief bits of joy and wonder (to show us why the silent dull struggle is worth slogging through) and pocked by periods of fierce pain to show us why we do not want to be here forever. So, I write poems about struggling and hurting a lot, because struggle and pain are there, and some times they are big parts of my life, and because I think that struggle and sweat and blood are beautiful things that act like rain as a way to wash away clouds and show us what the Son REALLY looks like! Life is not easy, and I feel some times, I feel tonight, like my hearted is crusty and salty with tears and bloodied by crashing against walls too much. I'm not good at being okay about things that aren't okay and filling holes in my heart that just should not have been made in the first place, but God makes things truly ok, more then ok, more then fine even! And He makes hearts more whole then they ever were before. I know that, and while I wait for the fruition of my knowledge, I cling to Him like crazy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Petr said...

Hear hear!

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home