Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Play

All the world is a stage
The play must go on
Our pain is our singing
Do not stop the song
Beauty in this aching
Bleeding from your eyes
Standing out in the darkness
Smiling at the married night

My heart is stuck on shuffle
Playing random hyper beats
The wolf seems so afraid
Of the headlights and his prey
Pull the trigger and smile
Watch it all become so simple
See her finally walk away
The stars are so grimly quiet

The curtain call is final
End this thespian masquerade
Vanity is straightforward
Everything is my broken skyline
Dripping out wishful wonder
My hand hits something solid
Looking up and to the right
I am holding the Hand of God

1 Comments:

Blogger Petr said...

But I can never be as philosophical as you, my friend. :)

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home