Monday, November 12, 2007

Looking out

Fingertips against the window-pane
Eyes wide open, shouting "Breathe!"
No response and the reflection falters
Coldly shaking, the dawn is waiting
Sew your soul shut again
Stars scream a song of waking up
The moon nods off in the in-between
Where else do men and angels collide?

Reaching, firmly truly grasping
Your hand in mine smearing my skyline
With incongruent concepts of hope
In the world of cruelty and closed eyes
Shaken off by tickling of the morning
Brings me back to my lonely vigil
Kept before this guttering candle
Reminder and Time's slow redemption

Allow me to drift away for a moment
The sea laughs, a gurgle underneath
The waves fade into purple twilight
A grim goodnight whispers meaning, closed doors
Brave new world crushes the craven old
Thousand thousands empty courageous eyes
Trample well feed dreams with iron tread
And someone says "Goodnight"

Sleeping irrelevantly with honest nightmares
Eyelids held shut by sweaty hands
Slip, and I break free, into a frail morning
Standing beneath the skyline, crimson
Laughing a brilliant falter
The moon totters and this heart beats, once
My hands clinch, unclinch, looking up
The city of Men shudders below my clarion shout

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home