Sunday, October 28, 2007

Soon

Pack up, pack your things
Unlatch the garden gate
Listen for my footsteps
Pebbles on the window pane
Dream all night under the moon
I am on my way

I am coming soon

Driving too fast
Because that's what people do
In stolen cars around the world
With nothing else to prove
The tires sing softly
Singing for you

"I am coming soon."

The stars have voices
My soul has ears
Every day is fading
Into this crack on the windshield
It spells your name to me
The miles die to my fierce vengeance

And I am coming soon!

I see your eyes in the rain
Reflected from every street lamp
Mirrored in every puddle on the street
So cold now, so near, so real
Just alone, me and Fear
Looking at all I have not been

But I am coming soon

The sidewalk ends right now
Road fades from my thoughts
Engine idles, what have I done?
This race is run, but who won, who wins?
Judges deliberate, I am lost in your face
Knock on your door, I am here

Soon
Soon!
Soon?
Soon*
Now

And you are in my arms

1 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

This is beautiful.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home